RETRO STYLE. REVOLUTIONARY COMFORT.
The Nike Air VaporMax Plus looks to the past to propel you into the future. This revamp nods to the super-techy Air Max Plus of 1998 with its floating cage, cushioned upper and heel logo. Revolutionary VaporMax Air technology brings it into today.
- VaporMax Air technology provides ultra lightweight cushioning.
- Floating cage around the foot mimics the original 1998 design.
- Cushioned fabric and synthetic material provide durability.
- Rubber pods in high-wear areas enhance durability.
VaporMax: Behind the Design
- Designed in Europe
- The Air VaporMax represents a new era in Nike innovation. Designers started by restructuring the Air unit so they could attach it directly to the upper. “That was the biggest challenge,” says Tom Minami, Senior Footwear Designer – but it was worth it. “Without any midsole or sockliner, you get to feel the Air in a whole new way.” In previous Air Max models, the goal was to fill the sole with as much Air as possible, but with the VaporMax, the focus is on using the Air efficiently. “As you step down, each lug gets pushed into the Air unit, ramping up the pressure,” Elder explains. “As you step off, the pressure releases, creating that springy bounce.” After the seven-year journey from ideation to release, Elder and Minami are excited for what’s to come. “I’m super proud of the product,” Elder says. “This new approach is going to be a huge turning point for Air – and for Nike.”
- Shown: Spirit Teal/Green Abyss/Black
- Style: 924453-301
The Nike Air VaporMax Moc 2 Arrives In Colorful Array Of Orange And Teal
Nike VaporMax has been around for quite a long time now, but its innovation has surely not faded out of relevance as new modifications to the silhouette are constantly entering current release calendars. Following the announcement of some utilitarian make-ups, the Beaverton brand has decided to make a return to the VaporMax Moc 2, a laceless model that features a gore strap in favor of laces and a breathable Flyknit upper. Though seen previously in one of Acronym’s collaborative capsules, Nike is thoughtfully toning the palette down with a clean Light Silver upper accented by Team Orange and Celestial Teal. the Moc 2s will be releasing at select retailers and Nike.com.
Nike Vapormax Flyknit 3 “Reflect Silver” Features Textured Swoosh And Heel Plates
Nike has seemingly been experimenting with textures and patterns on the Vapormax Flyknit 3.0 more than they did on past Vapormax Flyknit models, and the latest result of those explorations is this “Reflect Silver” makeup. Using a light grey Flyknit upper with a bluish tint as the base, this new pair of Nike shoes then proceeds to add bold accents via shimmering silver tones and a crackled pattern on both the midfoot Swoosh and the overlaid heel plate. An oceanic blue-green then appears on the tongue tag and heel tab for dark detailing, and the translucent Vapormax cushioning unit features an ever-so-slight opalescent tint to lock in the design combination of sea and sky tones. Although an official release date has not yet been announced, you can look for these striking Maxes to release on Nike.com and at select Swoosh Brand stockists in the coming weeks with an MSRP.
The Nike Vapormax Flyknit 3 Arrives In Time With Easter Tones
Nike is joining in celebration with a seasonally appropriate women’s-only take on the new Vapormax Flyknit 3.0. The shoe’s soft pastel palette is undeniably Easter-themed, using a cotton candy-esque combination of soft yellows, pinks, and an ever-so-slight powder blue on the upper. A smoky nude tone appears on both the midfoot Swoosh and the insole, while down below the crystal-clear Vapormax cushioning unit is accented by more pink and yellow hits to complete the look. In years past, the Swoosh Brand opted to present a veritable smorgasbord of Easter-themed releases, but they’re keeping it simple this year, and for good reason: just like Easter candy, it’s very possible to have too much of a good thing. These new Vapormax will release , so check out a retailer list below if you’re looking to secure a pair.
The Nike Vapormax 2019 “Hyper Jade” Offers A New Stylish Colorway For Summer
Although there has been no shortage of Vapormax releases in 2019 thus far, runners out there should be hard pressed to find a colorway that they don’t like. We typically expect vibrant hues towards to neon spectrum to adorn performance runners, and these hit it on the mark with the punchy hyper jade popping out with ease against the neutral cool grey upper.
The shoes aren’t exactly a monochromatic package as the upper of the Vapormax 2019 has translucency with exposed seams covered with synthetic taping, so this pairing of a muted base and a bolder accent simply works on this model. Expect these to hit Nike running retailers very soon.