What’s New (and Familiar) About the Nike Vaporfly NEXT% 2
The ZoomX Vaporfly NEXT% brought the latest in ZoomX cushioning technology to both elite and recreational runners, incorporating a full-length carbon plate for outstanding energy return. The shoe’s second version releases first in a minimalist colorway for Nike members that taps into the workshop lore of Nike co-founder Bill Bowerman, followed by a wider release of the above Aqua colorway. It adds features through the upper to make the shoe more comfortable and durable, while still keeping the underfoot details that cement its trusted, near-magical reputation among runners who are breaking their own barriers on race day.
Here’s what’s new (and familiar) about the ZoomX Vaporfly NEXT% 2:
- Engineered mesh material in the upper is softer and more breathable than Vaporweave. The mesh better conforms to the foot and helps keep feet cool throughout a race.
- Pockets of padding at the top of the tongue help provide a more comfortable fit and reduce lace pressure.
- Forefoot reinforcement was added for improved containment and durability in high-wear striking areas.
- A full-length, articulated carbon plate delivers a propulsive feel and helps promote a smooth transition from stride to stride.
- A wide forefoot midsole helps maximize propulsive feel and ZoomX responsiveness through a stable platform.
- The full-length ZoomX foam provides a lightweight and responsive ride.
- Deep, longitudinal grooves in the rubber outsole help improve traction on different surfaces and in varying racing conditions.
- The 8mm offset helps with stability and energy return
The white colorway of the ZoomX Vaporfly NEXT% 2 releases in limited quantities for Nike members beginning February 28. The Aqua colorway releases on nike.com beginning March 25 in select markets.